2020 Georgia Code
Title 40 - Motor Vehicles and Traffic
Chapter 6 - Uniform Rules of the Road
Article 15 - Serious Traffic Offenses
- § 40-6-390. Reckless Driving
- § 40-6-391. Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol, Drugs, or Other Intoxicating Substances; Penalties; Publication of Notice of Conviction for Persons Convicted for Second Time; Endangering a Child
- § 40-6-391.1. Entry and Acceptance of Plea of Nolo Contendere
- § 40-6-391.2. Seizure and Civil Forfeiture of Motor Vehicle Operated by Habitual Violator
- § 40-6-391.3. Penalty for Conviction for Driving Under Influence of Alcohol or Drugs While Driving School Bus
- § 40-6-392. Chemical Tests for Alcohol or Drugs
- § 40-6-393. Homicide by Vehicle
- § 40-6-393.1. Feticide by Vehicle; Penalties
- § 40-6-394. Serious Injury by Vehicle; Penalty
- § 40-6-395. Fleeing or Attempting to Elude Police Officer; Impersonating Law Enforcement Officer
- § 40-6-396. Homicide by Interference With Official Traffic-Control Device or Railroad Sign or Signal; Serious Injury by Interference With Official Traffic-Control Device or Railroad Sign or Signal
- § 40-6-397. Aggressive Driving; Penalty
- For note on the 1994 amendments of Code Sections 40-6-391, 40-6-391.1, and 40-6-392 of this article, see 11 Ga. St. U.L. Rev. 215 (1994). For note on the 1994 amendments of Code Sections 40-6-391.1 and 40-6-395 of this article, see 11 Ga. St. U.L. Rev. 223 (1994). For note on the 1995 amendments of Code sections in this article, see 12 Ga. St. U.L. Rev. 289 and 295 (1995). For note on the 1999 amendments to Code sections in this article, see 16 Ga. St. U.L. Rev. 200 (1999).
Unintentional vehicular death generally misdemeanor offense.
- General Assembly excepted vehicular deaths from other forms of involuntary manslaughter and established the offense as a misdemeanor except in cases of reckless driving or vehicular offenses connected with police vehicles. Berrian v. State, 139 Ga. App. 571, 228 S.E.2d 737 (1976).
Cited in Cofer v. Hawthorne, 154 Ga. App. 875, 270 S.E.2d 84 (1980); State v. Osterloh, 342 Ga. App. 668, 804 S.E.2d 696 (2017).RESEARCH REFERENCES
Motor Vehicle Collisions - Agency Relationship, 8 Am. Jur. Trials 1.
Unwitnessed Automobile Accident Cases, 18 Am. Jur. Trials 443.
Litigation of Collision - Caused Automobile Fuel Tank Fire Cases, 23 Am. Jur. Trials 383.
Voir Dire in Low Speed Collision Cases - Plaintiff's View, 96 Am. Jur. Trials 1.ALR.
- Acquittal or conviction of one offense in connection with operation of automobile as bar to prosecution for another, 172 A.L.R. 1053.
Inference or presumption that owner of motor vehicle was its driver at time of traffic, driving, or parking offense, 49 A.L.R.2d 456.
What constitutes "minor traffic infraction" excludible from calculation of defendant's criminal history under United States sentencing guidelines § 4A1.2(c)(2), 113 A.L.R. Fed. 561.