2020 Georgia Code
Title 4 - Animals
Chapter 3 - Livestock Running at Large or Straying
§ 4-3-12. Permitting Livestock to Run at Large or Stray; Releasing Impounded Livestock; Penalty
Any owner of livestock who intentionally or knowingly permits the same to run at large or stray upon the public roads of this state or any property not belonging to the owner of the livestock unless by permission of the owner of such property, or any person who shall release livestock, after being impounded, without authority of the impounder, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding six months, or by fine not exceeding $500.00, or by both fine and imprisonment.
(Ga. L. 1953, Jan.-Feb. Sess., p. 380, § 12; Ga. L. 1953, Nov.-Dec. Sess., p. 395, § 6.)
Am. Jur. 2d.
- 4 Am. Jur. 2d, Animals, § 34 et seq.C.J.S.
- 3B C.J.S., Animals, §§ 303, 304, 305, 307, 308.ALR.
- Scienter as condition of liability for damage by trespassing animals other than dogs, 33 A.L.R. 1305.
Owner's liability, under legislation forbidding domestic animals to run at large on highways, as dependent on negligence, 34 A.L.R.2d 1285.
Liability of owner of animal for damage to motor vehicle or injury to person riding therein resulting from collision with domestic animal at large in street or highway, 29 A.L.R.4th 431.CHAPTER 4 PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF DISEASE IN LIVESTOCK Article 1 Control of Infectious or Contagious Diseases in Livestock. Part 1 GENERAL PROVISIONS.
- 4-4-1. Legislative intent.
- 4-4-1.1. "Livestock" defined.
- 4-4-2. Promulgation of rules and regulations.
- 4-4-2.1. Fees for services rendered to A.P.H.I.S. programs.
- 4-4-3. Injunctions.
- 4-4-4. Administrative hearings and penalties.
- 4-4-5. Reserved.
- 4-4-6. Penalty for introducing foreign animal disease; notice and reporting required for certain diseases; exception for bona fide research activities.
- 4-4-20. "Garbage" defined.
- 4-4-21. Feeding garbage to animals generally.
- 4-4-22. Feeding garbage to swine.
- 4-4-23. Licensing of garbage feeders.
- 4-4-24. Cancellation, suspension, or revocation of licenses.
- 4-4-25. Administrative remedies.
- 4-4-26. Penalty for violations of part or rules or regulations promulgated thereunder.
- 4-4-40. Definitions.
- 4-4-41. Licenses required; expiration; fee.
- 4-4-42. Revocation, cancellation, or suspension of licenses.
- 4-4-43. Rendering plant requirements.
- 4-4-44. Collection center requirements.
- 4-4-45. Inspections; maintenance of records; maintenance of vehicles.
- 4-4-46. Administrative remedies.
- 4-4-47. Funding of inspection system for slaughtering establishments unable to qualify for federal inspection; adoption of grading standards for use in inspections of such establishments.
- 4-4-48. Penalty for violations of part or rules or regulations promulgated thereunder.
- 4-4-60. Extermination of parasites and development of livestock industry under supervision and control of Commissioner; employment of inspectors and veterinarians; public report.
- 4-4-61. Duties of livestock inspectors and supervising veterinarians generally.
- 4-4-62. Right of entry of inspectors.
- 4-4-63. Appointment of federal livestock inspectors as state livestock inspectors.
- 4-4-64. Establishment and maintenance of quarantine lines for protection of livestock generally.
- 4-4-65. Maintenance of quarantine along state borders to prevent introduction of parasites or diseases into state.
- 4-4-66. Movement of cattle infested with parasites.
- 4-4-67. Establishment of quarantines in areas in which livestock affected with or exposed to contagious or infectious disease; transportation of livestock within and from quarantined areas.
- 4-4-68. Employment of veterinary surgeon or expert.
- 4-4-69. Regulation of manufacture and use of disease vectors.
- 4-4-70. Conduct of programs to eradicate contagious or infectious diseases generally.
- 4-4-71. Cooperation of Commissioner with other officials in establishing quarantine lines.
- 4-4-72. Indemnification of owners of livestock destroyed in eradication of diseases.
- 4-4-73. Transfer of state funds to eradication programs for purposes of matching federal funds.
- 4-4-74. Penalty for violation of quarantine.
- 4-4-75. Interfering with Commissioner or livestock inspectors.
- 4-4-76. Importation of diseased livestock.
- 4-4-80. Definitions.
- 4-4-81. Infected or diseased poultry - Sale, auction, transfer, or movement; inspection; reports; diagnosis.
- 4-4-82. License requirement; records requirement; transportation equipment; disposal of dead poultry.
- 4-4-82.1. Limitation on slaughter of live poultry.
- 4-4-83. Quarantines; rules and regulations for disease control; confiscation, destruction, or disposal of diseased poultry, eggs, chicks, or stock.
- 4-4-84. Penalties.
- 4-4-90. Purpose of article.
- 4-4-91. "Qualified veterinarians" defined.
- 4-4-92. Duty of Commissioner to eradicate tuberculosis; county appropriations; right of entry to test cattle; assistance by owners of cattle.
- 4-4-93. Notice to owners; testing; branding of infected cattle; slaughter.
- 4-4-94. Indemnification of owners.
- 4-4-95. Use or sale of veterinary tuberculin.
- 4-4-95.1. Transport of cattle; segregation of cattle with brucellosis; removal or alteration of cattle identification; rules and regulations; sale of infected cattle.
- 4-4-96. Applicability of article to anthrax and brucellosis.
- 4-4-96.1. Injunctions.
- 4-4-97. Penalty for violations of article.
- 4-4-110. Short title.
- 4-4-111. Definitions.
- 4-4-112. Sale, auction, transfer, or moving of equines.
- 4-4-113. Licensing and bonding requirements generally.
- 4-4-114. Suspension, cancellation, or revocation of licenses.
- 4-4-115. Inspections; maintenance of equines by persons to whom article applies.
- 4-4-116. Sales of equines to be in compliance with article, rules, and regulations.
- 4-4-117. Veterinary services at equine sales; fees.
- 4-4-118. Use of drugs, tranquilizers, and medications which result in misrepresentation in sale of equines.
- 4-4-119. Certification of health of animals transported into state.
- 4-4-120. Quarantines.
- 4-4-121. Eradication programs.
- 4-4-122. Indemnification for equines eradicated.
- 4-4-123. Establishment of compounds and research programs to control or eradicate equine infectious anemia.
- 4-4-124. Transfer of state funds for use in programs to eradicate contagious or infectious diseases; repayment of funds.
- 4-4-125. Promulgation of rules and regulations.
- 4-4-126. Injunctions.
- 4-4-127. Penalty for violations of article, rules, or regulations.
- 4-4-140. Short title.
- 4-4-141. Purpose of article.
- 4-4-142. Definitions.
- 4-4-143. Indemnification for condemned swine - Generally.
- 4-4-144. Indemnification for condemned swine - Proof of Georgia origin required.
- 4-4-145. Indemnification for condemned swine - Cooperation of person receiving payment required.
- 4-4-146. Indemnification for condemned swine - Release required.
- 4-4-147. Elimination of disease at farm of origin.
- 4-4-148. Promulgation of rules and regulations.
- 4-4-149. Cooperation among state and federal agencies.
- 4-4-150. Conduct of scientific research.
- 4-4-151. Injunctions.
- 4-4-170. Purpose.
- 4-4-171. Definitions.
- 4-4-172. Deer-farming license; records; facilities.
- 4-4-173. Health and transportation requirements.
- 4-4-174. Escaped deer or cervid.
- 4-4-175. Compliance with departments.
- 4-4-176. Application.
- 4-4-177. Rules and regulations.
- 4-4-178. Injunctions.
- 4-4-179. Administrative hearings; penalty.
- 4-4-180. Release.
- 4-4-181. Penalty.
- Contagious diseases, Official Compilation of the Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia, Rules of Georgia Department of Agriculture, Chapter 40-13-8.
- Constitutionality of statute for control of diseases of livestock, 65 A.L.R. 525.
ARTICLE 1 CONTROL OF INFECTIOUS OR CONTAGIOUS DISEASES IN LIVESTOCK
PART 1 GENERAL PROVISIONSCross references.
- Use of sulfanilamide and sulfonamide drugs for control of livestock and poultry diseases, § 26-4-6.
Am. Jur. 2d.
- 4 Am. Jur. 2d, Animals, § 27 et seq.C.J.S.
- 3B C.J.S., Animals, § 128 et seq.