2020 Georgia Code
Title 34 - Labor and Industrial Relations
Chapter 6A - Equal Employment for Persons With Disabilities
- § 34-6A-1. Short Title
- § 34-6A-2. Definitions
- § 34-6A-3. Inquiries by Employer as to Existence of Disability; Employment Decisions Based on Disability
- § 34-6A-4. Prohibited Discriminatory Activities
- § 34-6A-5. Retaliation by Employers Against Employees; Labor Organization Members
- § 34-6A-6. Actions Against Persons Engaged in Unfair Employment Practices; Remedies, Court Costs, and Attorneys' Fees
- The intent of this chapter was expressed in Ga. L. 1981, p. 1803, § 1, as follows: "It is the intent of the General Assembly to guarantee to handicapped individuals the fullest participation in the social and economic life of the state and to guarantee their right to engage in remunerative employment. The right to lawful employment, without discrimination because of handicap, where the reasonable demands of the position do not require such a distinction, is hereby recognized as and declared to be the right of all the people of this state and it is the policy of this state to protect such rights."Law reviews.
- For annual eleventh circuit survey of employment discrimination, see 42 Mercer L. Rev. 1381 (1991). For survey of 1995 Eleventh Circuit cases on employment discrimination, see 47 Mercer L. Rev. 797 (1996). For annual survey on employment discrimination, see 69 Mercer L. Rev. 1117 (2018). For note, "Employer Beware: Changing the Landscape of Employment Discrimination Claims at the Summary Judgment Stage," see 68 Mercer L. Rev. 1145 (2017).
Am. Jur. 2d.
- Am. Jur. 2d., New Topic Service, Americans with Disabilities Act, § 1 et seq.
Discrimination Against the Obese, 36 POF2d 249.
Proof of Discriminatory Termination of HIV-Positive Employee, 26 POF3d 341.
Defense of Claim Under the Americans With Disabilities Act, 42 POF3d 1.
Employment Discrimination of the Basis of Mental Disability Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, 49 POF3d 1.
Employment Discrimination Action under Federal Civil Rights Acts, 21 Am. Jur. Trials 1.
Defense of Claim Brought Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, 49 Am. Jur. Trials 171.
Disability Discrimination Based on Dyslexia in Employment Actions Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, 74 Am. Jur. Trials 255.ALR.
- Accommodation requirement under state legislation forbidding job discrimination on account of handicap, 76 A.L.R.4th 310.
Handicap as job disqualification under state legislation forbidding job discrimination on account of handicap, 78 A.L.R.4th 265.
What constitutes handicap under state legislation forbidding job discrimination on account of handicap, 82 A.L.R.4th 26.
Employee's protection under § 15(a)(3) of Fair Labor Standards Act (29 USC § 215(a)(3)), 101 A.L.R. Fed. 220.