2020 Georgia Code
Title 31 - Health
Chapter 21 - Dead Bodies
- Criminal penalty for concealing death of person, § 16-10-31.
Disposal of aborted fetuses, § 16-12-141.1.
Maintenance of vital records, T. 31, C. 10.
Death certificates, § 31-10-15.
Duty of county to pay for interment of deceased indigent persons, § 36-12-5.
Funeral directors, embalmers, and operators of funeral establishments, T. 43, C. 18.
Anatomical gifts, § 44-5-140 et seq.
Post-mortem examinations and autopsies, § 45-16-20 et seq.Administrative Rules and Regulations.
- Organization and regulation of funeral services, Official Compilation of the Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia, Georgia State Board of Funeral Service, Chapter 250-1 et seq.
Am. Jur. 2d.
- 22A Am. Jur. 2d, Dead Bodies, §§ 1, 6, 7.C.J.S.
- 25A C.J.S., Dead Bodies, § 1.ALR.
- Constitutionality of statute or ordinance requiring, or permitting, removal of bodies from cemeteries, 71 A.L.R. 1040.
Enforcement of preference expressed by decedent as to disposition of his body after death, 54 A.L.R.3d 1037.
Dead bodies: liability for improper manner of reinterment, 53 A.L.R.4th 394.