2020 Georgia Code
Title 20 - Education
Chapter 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education
Article 4 - Increased Flexibility for Local School Systems
§ 20-2-84.1. Loss of Governance for Nonperforming Schools
- The State Board of Education shall, as provided for in the contract entered into with a local school system pursuant to Code Section 20-2-83, mandate the loss of governance of one or more of its nonperforming schools as a consequence of failure pursuant to paragraph (2) of subsection (c) of Code Section 20-2-84. Such loss of governance may include, but shall not be limited to:
- Conversion of a school to charter status with independent school level governance and a governance board with strong parental involvement;
- Operation of a school by a successful school system, as defined by the Office of Student Achievement, and pursuant to funding criteria established by the state board; or
- Operation of a school by a private entity, nonprofit or for profit, pursuant to a request for proposals issued by the department.
- Loss of governance shall be invoked upon the end of the fifth year of the contract if the school system is in noncompliance as set out in the terms of the contract.
(Code 1981, §20-2-84.1, enacted by Ga. L. 2008, p. 82, § 1/HB 1209; Ga. L. 2013, p. 1061, § 4/HB 283.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.