2020 Georgia Code
Title 20 - Education
Chapter 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education
Article 17 - Teachers and Other School Personnel
Part 10 - Professional Standards
§ 20-2-989.1. Classifications for Certificated Personnel; Functions of State Board Transferred to Commission
- The classifications established by the State Board of Education pursuant to Code Section 20-2-200 shall remain in effect until such time as the commission creates classifications for certificated personnel under the terms of this part.Such new classifications will clearly describe the relationship between pre-existing classifications established by the board and the new classifications established by the commission.Until such time as the new classifications are approved, the commission is empowered to approve, grant, deny, or withhold certificates under the existing classifications established by the state board.
- It is the intent of this part to transfer to the Professional Standards Commission all functions previously performed by the state board with regard to certification and all functions related thereto, except with regard to public librarians.
(Code 1981, §20-2-989.1, enacted by Ga. L. 1991, p. 1546, § 1; Ga. L. 1994, p. 1796, § 2.)Code Commission notes.
- Pursuant to Code Section 28-9-5, in 1991, this Code section, which was enacted as Code Section 20-2-990, was redesignated as Code Section 20-2-989.1, since a Code Section 20-2-990 already existed.
PART 11 COMPLAINTS POLICY
20-2-989.5. Legislative intent; adoption of complaints policy.
- It is the intent of this part to resolve problems at the lowest possible organizational level with a minimum of conflict and formal proceedings so that good morale may be maintained, effective job performance may be enhanced, and the citizens of the community may be better served.These procedures require local units of administration to implement a simple, expeditious, and fair process for resolving problems at the lowest administrative level.
- It shall be the duty of all local units of administration to adopt a complaints policy for certified personnel that shall contain the definitions and standards provided in this part.
(Code 1981, §20-2-989.5, enacted by Ga. L. 1992, p. 3303, § 1.)