2020 Georgia Code
Title 20 - Education
Chapter 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education
Article 16 - Students
Part 2 - Discipline
Subpart 2 - Public School Disciplinary Tribunals
§ 20-2-752. Establishment of Disciplinary Hearing Officers, Panels, or Tribunals for Imposition of Suspension or Expulsion; Rules and Regulations; Appeals
Local boards of education may establish by policy, rule, or regulation disciplinary hearing officers, panels, or tribunals of school officials to impose suspension or expulsion. If such hearing officers, panels, or tribunals are established, such rules and regulations must include the following:
- Provisions governing the manner of selecting the hearing officers or members of the panels or tribunals and the number of members thereof;
- Provisions governing procedures to be followed by such hearing officers, panels, or tribunals in fact-finding, hearings, and reporting recommendations to the local board;
- Provisions granting a right to appeal to the local board when the punishment imposed by hearing officers, panels, or tribunals is long-term suspension or expulsion; and
- Provisions whereby the local school superintendent may suspend enforcement of the suspension or expulsion ordered by the hearing officers, panels, or tribunals pending the outcome of any appeal to the local board.
(Ga. L. 1979, p. 663, § 3.)
Am. Jur. 2d.
- 68 Am. Jur. 2d, Schools, § 323 et seq.C.J.S.
- 78A C.J.S., Schools and School Districts, § 1091 et seq.