2020 Georgia Code
Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses
Chapter 5 - Crimes Against the Person
Article 2 - Assault and Battery
- § 16-5-19. Definitions
- § 16-5-20. Simple Assault
- § 16-5-21. Aggravated Assault
- § 16-5-22. Conviction of Assault With Intent to Commit a Crime if Intended Crime Actually Committed
- § 16-5-23. Simple Battery
- § 16-5-23.1. Battery
- § 16-5-24. Aggravated Battery
- § 16-5-25. Opprobrious or Abusive Language as Justification for Simple Assault or Simple Battery
- § 16-5-26. Publication of Second or Subsequent Conviction of Simple Assault, Simple Battery, or Battery; Cost of Publication; Good Faith Publications Immune From Liability
- § 16-5-27. Female Genital Mutilation
- § 16-5-28. Assault on an Unborn Child
- § 16-5-29. Battery of an Unborn Child
- Battery, assault, stalking, etc., involving family members, § 19-13-1 et seq.Law reviews.
- For comment, "The Limits of the Neighborhood Justice Center: Why Domestic Violence Cases Should Not Be Mediated," see 34 Emory L.J. 855 (1985).JUDICIAL DECISIONS
Cited in Giles v. State, 143 Ga. App. 558, 239 S.E.2d 168 (1977).RESEARCH REFERENCES
Assault and Battery, 1 POF3d 613.
Damages for Sexual Assault, 15 POF3d 259.ALR.
- Danger or apparent danger of death or great bodily harm as condition of self-defense in prosecution for assault as distinguished from prosecution for homicide, 114 A.L.R. 634.
Indecent proposal to woman as assault, 12 A.L.R.2d 971.
Assault: criminal liability as barring or mitigating recovery of punitive damages, 98 A.L.R.3d 870.
Constitutionality of assault and battery laws limited to protection of females only or which provide greater penalties for males than for females, 5 A.L.R.4th 708.
Liability of governmental unit for intentional assault by employee other than police officer, 17 A.L.R.4th 881.
Liability of hotel or motel operator for injury to guest resulting from assault by third party, 28 A.L.R.4th 80.
Provocation as basis for mitigation of compensatory damages in action for assault and battery, 35 A.L.R.4th 947.
Liability for injury to martial arts participant, 47 A.L.R.4th 403.