2020 Georgia Code
Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses
Chapter 17 - Payday Lending
- § 16-17-1. "Payday Lending" Defined; Legislative Findings; Prohibited Activity; No Impairment of Agencies With Concurrent Jurisdiction
- § 16-17-2. Prohibition on Loans of Less Than $3,000.00; Exceptions; Penalty for Violations
- § 16-17-3. Collection of Indebtedness Barred; Civil Action Permitted by Borrowers
- § 16-17-4. Liability for Civil Penalty to State; Distribution of Proceeds
- § 16-17-5. Tax on Loans
- § 16-17-6. Evidence and Investigation in Pursuit of Prosecutions
- § 16-17-7. Prohibition Against Issuance of Certificate of Authority From Secretary of State
- § 16-17-8. Site of Payday Lending Is Public Nuisance
- § 16-17-9. Special Provisions for Borrowers Who Are Members of the Military or Their Respective Spouses
- § 16-17-10. Severability
- For article on 2004 enactment of this chapter, see 21 Ga. St. U.L. Rev. 59 (2004).
Am. Jur. 2d.
- 53A Am. Jur. 2d, Moneylenders and Pawnbrokers, § 1 et seq.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.