2020 Georgia Code
Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses
Chapter 12 - Offenses Against Public Health and Morals
Article 2 - Gambling and Related Offenses
Part 2 - Bingo
- § 16-12-50. Legislative Intent
- § 16-12-51. Definitions
- § 16-12-52. License Required to Operate Bingo Game; Recreational Bingo Exception
- § 16-12-53. Licensing Procedure; Fee; Renewal
- § 16-12-54. Revocation of Licenses; Access to Premises by Law Enforcement Agencies
- § 16-12-55. Certification of Tax-Exempt Status of Organization; Issuance of Certificate of Licensure
- § 16-12-56. Issuance of Annual One-Day License to Nonprofit, Tax-Exempt School; Application
- § 16-12-57. Restrictions as to Ownership of Premises Utilized
- § 16-12-58. Age Restrictions
- § 16-12-59. Annual Report to Be Filed With the Director
- § 16-12-60. Rules and Regulations
- § 16-12-61. Promulgation of Necessary Rules and Regulations by Director Authorized
- § 16-12-62. Penalties
- Bingo games, Ga. Const. 1983, Art. I, Sec. II, Para. VIII.Administrative Rules and Regulations.
- Nonprofit BINGO games, Official Compilation of the Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia, Georgia Bureau of Investigation, Chapter 92-2.
Georgia Constitution does not preclude regulation of bingo by the legislature.
- Restriction on operation of nonprofit bingo games indicates an intent to permit only small, nonprofessional bingo operations in which virtually all profits accrue to nonprofit groups and provision for public reports of financial affairs of organizations running nonprofit bingo operations indicates that the legislature wanted to obtain information about these operations for purpose of enacting legislation to prevent abuses. St. John's Melkite Catholic Church v. Commissioner of Revenue, 240 Ga. 733, 242 S.E.2d 108 (1978).
Legislature may reasonably regulate legal bingo to prevent commercialization of operations, to prevent unnecessary diversion of bingo profits from coffers of nonprofit organizations, and otherwise to promote public welfare consistent with the intent of Ga. L. 1977, p. 1164. St. John's Melkite Catholic Church v. Commissioner of Revenue, 240 Ga. 733, 242 S.E.2d 108 (1978).
Cited in St. John's Melkite Catholic Church v. Commissioner of Revenue, 240 Ga. 733, 242 S.E.2d 108 (1978); Midway Youth Football Ladies Auxiliary, Inc. v. Strickland, 449 F. Supp. 418 (N.D. Ga. 1978).
Am. Jur. 2d.
- 38 Am. Jur. 2d, Gambling, §§ 21, 37.C.J.S.
- 38 C.J.S., Gaming, §§ 10, 140 et seq.ALR.
- Constitutionality of statute which affirmatively permits certain forms of betting or gambling, 85 A.L.R. 622.