2020 Georgia Code
Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses
Chapter 12 - Offenses Against Public Health and Morals
Article 2 - Gambling and Related Offenses
Part 1 - Gambling
- § 16-12-20. Definitions
- § 16-12-21. Gambling
- § 16-12-22. Commercial Gambling
- § 16-12-22.1. Raffles Operated by Nonprofit, Tax-Exempt Organizations
- § 16-12-23. Keeping a Gambling Place
- § 16-12-24. Possession, Manufacture, or Transfer of Gambling Device or Parts; Possession of Antique Slot Machines
- § 16-12-25. Solicitation of Another to Gamble With Intent to Defraud or Deceive
- § 16-12-26. Advertising Commercial Gambling
- § 16-12-27. Advertisement or Solicitation for Participation in Lotteries
- § 16-12-28. Communicating Gambling Information
- § 16-12-29. Competent Witnesses
- § 16-12-30. Seizure and Destruction of Gambling Devices
- § 16-12-31. Seizure and Disposition of Funds or Other Things of Value Used for Gambling
- § 16-12-32. Civil Forfeiture
- § 16-12-33. Bribery of a Contestant
- § 16-12-34. Soliciting or Accepting a Bribe to Influence Outcome of Athletic Contests, Sporting Events, or Exhibitions
- § 16-12-35. Applicability of Part; Penalty for Violation
- § 16-12-36. Lawful Promotional and Giveaway Contests
- § 16-12-37. Dogfighting
- § 16-12-38. Pyramid Promotional Schemes; Exceptions; Penalties
- For comment on Marchetti v. United States, 390 U.S. 39, 88 S. Ct. 697, 19 L. Ed. 2d 889 (1968), applying Fifth Amendment privilege to disclosure of gambling income, see 19 Mercer L. Rev. 433 (1968).OPINIONS OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
So-called sweepstakes and other promotional contest schemes of a lottery-like nature are illegal. 1972 Op. Att'y Gen. No. U72-69.RESEARCH REFERENCES
Enforcement of Casino Gambling Debts, 71 POF3d 193.
Enforcement of International Gambling Debts, 87 POF3d 347.ALR.
- Retaking of money lost at gambling as robbery or larceny, 42 A.L.R. 741; 116 A.L.R. 997.
Racing as a game within statute, 45 A.L.R. 998.
Margin transactions or dealings in futures as within constitution or statutes providing for recovery back of money paid on gaming consideration, 49 A.L.R. 1085.
Legality of scheme purporting a purchase and sale of horses or dogs in connection with racing exhibitions, 79 A.L.R. 576.
Rights and remedies in respect of money in gambling machine or other receptacle, used in connection with gambling, seized by public authorities, 79 A.L.R. 1007.
Construction and application of statutes permitting specified forms of betting, 117 A.L.R. 828.
Winner's rights and remedies in respect of pari-mutuel and similar legalized betting systems, 165 A.L.R. 838.
Action to recover money or property lost and paid through gambling as affected by statute of limitations, 22 A.L.R.2d 1390.
Entrapment to commit offense with respect to gambling or lotteries, 31 A.L.R.2d 1212.
Right to recover money lent for gambling purposes, 53 A.L.R.2d 345.
Participation in gambling activities as bar to action for personal injury or death, 77 A.L.R.2d 961.
Criminal conspiracies as to gambling, 91 A.L.R.2d 1148.
What constitutes such discriminatory prosecution or enforcement of laws as to provide valid defense in state criminal proceedings, 95 A.L.R.3d 280.
Criminal liability of member or agent of private club or association, or of owner or lessor of its premises, for violation of state or local liquor or gambling laws thereon, 98 A.L.R.3d 694.
Admissibility of expert testimony as to modus operandi of crime - modern cases, 31 A.L.R. 4th 798.
State lotteries: actions by ticketholders against state or contractor for state, 40 A.L.R.4th 662.
Validity, construction, and application of statutes or ordinances involved in prosecutions for transmission of wagers or wagering information related to bookmaking, 53 A.L.R.4th 801.
Private contests and lotteries: entrants' rights and remedies, 64 A.L.R.4th 1021.
Validity, construction, and application of statute or ordinance prohibiting or regulating use or occupancy of premises for bookmaking or pool selling, 82 A.L.R.4th 356.