2020 Georgia Code
Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses
Chapter 11 - Offenses Against Public Order and Safety
Article 4 - Dangerous Instrumentalities and Practices
Part 5 - Brady Law Regulations
- § 16-11-170. Intent to Provide State Background Check Law; Construction of Part
- § 16-11-171. Definitions
- § 16-11-172. Transfers or Purchases of Firearms Subject to the Nics; Information Concerning Persons Who Have Been Involuntarily Hospitalized to Be Forwarded to the Fbi; Penalties for Breach of Confidentiality; Exceptions
- § 16-11-173. (See Editor's notes.) Legislative Findings; Preemption of Local Regulation and Lawsuits; Exceptions
- § 16-11-174. Through 16-11-184
- Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, 18 U.S.C. § 921 et seq.Editor's notes.
- Ga. L. 1995, p. 139, § 7, not codified by the General Assembly, provides that no local ordinance which was in effect on March 22, 1995, shall be affected by Code Section 16-11-184 until January 1, 1996, at which time, unless enacted subsequent to March 22, 1995, as provided by that Code section, any such ordinance shall be of no further force or effect, and further provides that no ordinance or regulation attempting to regulate firearms in any manner shall be enacted by any county, city, or municipality after July 1, 1995.
Ga. L. 1995, p. 139, § 8, not codified by the General Assembly, provides that Code Sections 16-11-170 through 16-11-183 shall be repealed automatically upon a final judicial determination that the Act is invalid for any reason.