2020 Georgia Code
Title 14 - Corporations, Partnerships, and Associations
Chapter 9 - Revised Uniform Limited Partnership Act
Article 4 - General Partners
§ 14-9-403. Rights, Powers, and Liabilities Generally
- Except as otherwise provided in this chapter or in the partnership agreement, a general partner of a limited partnership has the rights and powers and is subject to the restrictions of and liabilities to the partnership and to the other partners of a partner in a partnership without limited partners.
- Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, a general partner of a limited partnership has the liabilities of a partner in a partnership without limited partners to persons other than the partnership and the other partners.
- If a limited partnership is a limited liability partnership under Chapter 8 of this title, then, except as otherwise provided in this chapter or in the partnership agreement, the liabilities of each general partner of such limited partnership shall be determined by reference to the provisions of Chapter 8 of this title regarding limited liability partnerships.
(Code 1981, §14-9-403, enacted by Ga. L. 1988, p. 1016, § 1; Ga. L. 1996, p. 787, § 11.)
Am. Jur. 2d.
- 59A Am. Jur. 2d, Partnership, §§ 820 et seq., 829 et seq., 846 et seq.C.J.S.
- 68 C.J.S., Partnership, § 582 et seq.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.