2020 Georgia Code
Title 14 - Corporations, Partnerships, and Associations
Chapter 2 - Business Corporations
Article 2 - Incorporation
§ 14-2-206. Bylaws
- The incorporators or board of directors of a corporation shall adopt initial bylaws for the corporation.Bylaws adopted by the incorporators or board of directors prior to or contemporaneously with the issuance of any of the corporation's shares shall constitute bylaws adopted by the shareholders for all purposes of this chapter.
- The bylaws of a corporation may contain any provision for managing the business and regulating the affairs of the corporation that is not inconsistent with law or the articles of incorporation.
(Code 1981, §14-2-206, enacted by Ga. L. 1988, p. 1070, § 1; Ga. L. 1993, p. 1231, § 3.)
Am. Jur. 2d.
- 18A Am. Jur. 2d, Corporations, § 252 et seq.C.J.S.
- 18 C.J.S., Corporations, § 154 et seq.ALR.
- Validity and construction of corporate articles or bylaws relating to stock held by one retiring from corporate office or employment, 66 A.L.R. 1295.
Bylaw of corporation authorizing removal of officer, agent, or employee at any time, as affecting contract of employment for a specified period, 145 A.L.R. 312.
Enforceability of invalid corporate bylaw as contract, 159 A.L.R. 290.
Provision of statute, charter, or bylaws respecting amendment of corporate bylaws as excluding waiver thereof, 169 A.L.R. 1374.
Conflict of laws as to validity and effect of corporate bylaw, 27 A.L.R.2d 435.
Construction and effect of corporate articles, charter, or bylaws limiting duration or maturity of its indebtedness, 55 A.L.R.2d 949.