There is a newer version of this Section
2020 Georgia Code
Title 14 - Corporations, Partnerships, and Associations
Chapter 2 - Business Corporations
Article 15 - Foreign Corporations
Part 1 - Certificate of Authority
§ 14-2-1508. Change of Registered Office or Registered Agent of Foreign Corporation
Universal Citation: GA Code § 14-2-1508 (2020)
- A foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this state may change its registered office or registered agent by delivering to the Secretary of State for filing an amendment to its annual registration that sets forth:
- Its name;
- The street address of its current registered office;
- If the current registered office is to be changed, the street address of its new registered office;
- The name of its current registered agent; and
- That after the change or changes are made, the street addresses of its registered office and the business office of its registered agent will be identical.
- If a registered agent changes the street address of his business office, he may change the street address of the registered office of any foreign corporation for which he is the registered agent by notifying the corporation in writing of the change and signing (either manually or in facsimile) and delivering to the Secretary of State for filing an amendment to the annual registration that complies with the requirements of subsection (a) of this Code section.
(Code 1981, §14-2-1508, enacted by Ga. L. 1988, p. 1070, § 1.)
OPINIONS OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
- In light of the similarity of the statutory provisions, an opinion under former Code Section 14-2-318, which was repealed by Ga. L. 1988, p. 1070, § 1, effective July 1, 1989, is included in the annotations for this Code section.Requirements of RICO Act.
- The Georgia Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, O.C.G.A. § 16-14-1 et seq., requires foreign alien corporations to comply with registration requirements when they desire to acquire or maintain of record any real property in this state. 1982 Op. Att'y Gen. No. 82-89 (decided under former § 14-2-318).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.