2020 Georgia Code
Title 14 - Corporations, Partnerships, and Associations
Chapter 11 - Limited Liability Companies
Article 11 - Miscellaneous
§ 14-11-1103. Annual Registration
- Each limited liability company and each foreign limited liability company authorized to transact business in this state shall deliver to the Secretary of State for filing an annual registration that sets forth:
- The name of the limited liability company or the foreign limited liability company and the jurisdiction under whose law it is organized;
- The street address and county of its registered office and the name of its registered agent at that office in this state;
- The mailing address of its principal place of business; and
- Any additional information that is necessary to enable the Secretary of State to carry out the provisions of this chapter.
- Information in the annual registration must be current as of the date the annual registration is executed on behalf of the limited liability company or foreign limited liability company.
- The first annual registration must be delivered to the Secretary of State between January 1 and April 1, or such other date as the Secretary of State may specify by rules or regulations, of the year following the calendar year in which the limited liability company was formed or a foreign limited liability company was authorized to transact business. Subsequent annual registrations must be delivered to the Secretary of State between January 1 and April 1, or such other date as the Secretary of State may specify by rules and regulations, of the following calendar years.
- If an annual registration does not contain the information required by this Code section, the Secretary of State shall promptly notify the limited liability company or foreign limited liability company in writing and return the registration to it for correction.If the registration is corrected to contain the information required by this Code section and delivered to the Secretary of State within 30 days after the date of notice, it is deemed to be timely filed.
(Code 1981, §14-11-1103, enacted by Ga. L. 1993, p. 123, § 1.)Law reviews.
- For article, "Post-Creation Checklist for Georgia Business Entities," see 9 Ga. St. B. J. 24 (2004).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.