There is a newer version of this Section
2020 Georgia Code
Title 10 - Commerce and Trade
Chapter 1 - Selling and Other Trade Practices
Article 27 - Trade Secrets
§ 10-1-767. Applicability of Article
Universal Citation: GA Code § 10-1-767 (2020)
- Except as provided in subsection (b) of this Code section, this article shall supersede conflicting tort, restitutionary, and other laws of this state providing civil remedies for misappropriation of a trade secret.
- This article shall not affect:
- Contractual duties or remedies, whether or not based upon misappropriation of a trade secret; provided, however, that a contractual duty to maintain a trade secret or limit use of a trade secret shall not be deemed void or unenforceable solely for lack of a durational or geographical limitation on the duty;
- Other civil remedies that are not based upon misappropriation of a trade secret; or
- The definition of a trade secret contained in Code Section 16-8-13, pertaining to criminal offenses involving theft of a trade secret or criminal remedies, whether or not based upon misappropriation of a trade secret.
(Code 1981, §10-1-767, enacted by Ga. L. 1990, p. 1560, § 1; Ga. L. 1991, p. 94, § 10.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.