2019 Georgia Code
Title 46 - Public Utilities and Public Transportation
Chapter 5 - Telephone Service
Article 4 - Telecommunications and Competition Development
§ 46-5-169. Company obligations associated with alternative regulation
- A company electing alternative regulation:
(1) Shall comply with orders issued and rules adopted by the commission to implement the express provisions of this article as a condition of obtaining or retaining a certificate of authority under this article;
(2) Shall not refuse any reasonable application for basic local exchange service;
(3) Shall not give any unreasonable preference or advantage to any customer when providing telecommunications services;
(4) Shall not, either directly or through affiliated companies, engage in any anticompetitive act or practice including but not limited to price squeezing, price discrimination, predatory pricing, or tying arrangements, as such terms are commonly applied in antitrust law;
(5) Shall not cross-subsidize nonregulated or alternatively regulated services with revenue created by regulated services;
(6) Shall not give any preference to affiliated companies;
(7) Shall allow the resale of its services. Nothing in this Code section shall restrict a customer from authorizing an agent to order such services on its behalf; and
(8) Shall not be required to seek regulatory approval of its depreciation rates or schedules.
Code 1981, § 46-5-169, enacted by Ga. L. 1995, p. 886, § 2.