2019 Georgia Code
Title 40 - Motor Vehicles and Traffic
Chapter 8 - Equipment and Inspection of Motor Vehicles
Article 1 - Equipment Generally
Part 6 - Equipment of School Buses
§ 40-8-116. Unlawful acts
- It shall be unlawful to operate:
(1) Any vehicle displaying the words "SCHOOL BUS" unless it meets the color, identification, and equipment requirements set forth in Code Section 40-8-113 or 40-8-115;
(2) A vehicle without the words "SCHOOL BUS" but which is of a color and exhibits some equipment or identification which reasonably could cause a motorist to confuse it with a properly colored, identified, and equipped school bus;
(3) Any school bus for any purpose other than the transportation of school children to or from school or school activities without concealing or covering all markings thereon indicating "SCHOOL BUS"; or
(4) A vehicle which has been permanently converted from the purpose of transporting students to or from school or school activities without first having painted such vehicle some color other than the yellow required in subsection (b) of Code Section 40-8-110 and without having removed the stop arms, if any, and any other equipment required by Code Section 40-8-111.
Ga. L. 1974, p. 633, § 1.