2019 Georgia Code
Title 40 - Motor Vehicles and Traffic
Chapter 5 - Drivers' Licenses
Article 8 - Identification Cards for Persons With Disabilities
§ 40-5-170. Definitions
- As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Disability" means any physical, mental, or neurological impairment which severely restricts a person's mobility, manual dexterity, or ability to climb stairs; substantial loss of sight or hearing; loss of one or more limbs or use thereof; or significantly diminished reasoning capacity.
(2) "Identification card for persons with disabilities" means an identification card issued as provided in this article.
(3) "Permanent disability" means any disability which is permanent in nature or which is expected to continue for a period of at least five years.
(4) "Person with disabilities" means any person with a permanent or temporary disability.
(5) "Temporary disability" means any disability which is expected to continue for at least six months but less than five years.
Code 1981, § 40-5-170, enacted by Ga. L. 1989, p. 628, § 1; Ga. L. 1990, p. 2048, § 4; Ga. L. 1995, p. 1302, § 7.