2019 Georgia Code
Title 40 - Motor Vehicles and Traffic
Chapter 15 - Motorcycle Operator Safety Training Program
§ 40-15-5. Requirements for instructors
- Every person who desires to qualify as an instructor in a motorcycle operator safety training program shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Be of good moral character;
(2) Give satisfactory performance on a written, oral, performance, or combination examination administered by the coordinator testing both knowledge of the field of motorcycle operator education and skills necessary to instruct and impart motorcycle driving skills and safety to students. The instructor training program shall provide for a course of instruction based on the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Instructor Course or its equivalent in quality, utility, and merit. This course of instruction shall be held periodically based on the applications received and the need for instructors, and an examination fee prescribed by the coordinator shall be charged;
(3) Be physically able to operate safely a motorcycle and to instruct others in the operation of motorcycles; and
(4) Hold a valid Class M driver's license.
Code 1981, § 40-15-5, enacted by Ga. L. 1984, p. 644, § 1; Ga. L. 1986, p. 181, § 1; Ga. L. 1994, p. 97, § 40.