2019 Georgia Code
Title 34 - Labor and Industrial Relations
Chapter 10 - Labor Pools
§ 34-10-2. Prohibited acts or practices
- A labor pool or work-site employer shall be prohibited from engaging in any of the following acts or practices:
(1) Charging a temporary employee a rental fee or any other type of fee for supplying any type of equipment to be used by the temporary employee in performing a work assignment;
(2) Charging a temporary employee a transportation fee for the transporting of such employee from the business premises of the labor pool or other point of embarkation to or from a work assignment;
(3) Failing to inform a person who is to be placed on a work assignment involving exposure to hazardous chemicals that such assignment involves the exposure of such person to hazardous chemicals and failing to obtain such person's consent on the form described in Code Section 34-10-3;
(4) Failing to provide a pay stub or register to the temporary employee to indicate the number of hours worked, the rate of pay, and any deduction therefrom; or
(5) Paying a temporary employee in any medium other than cash or check; provided, however, that any check must be redeemable at full value.
Code 1981, § 34-10-2, enacted by Ga. L. 1992, p. 1936, § 1; Ga. L. 1994, p. 1152, § 2.