2019 Georgia Code
Title 20 - Education
Chapter 11 - Georgia Tech Research Institute
§ 20-11-2. Duties
- It shall be the duty of the Georgia Tech Research Institute to:
(1) Conduct original research; to perform and verify experiments; to make investigations in any and all branches of engineering, manufacturing, and the industries and the sciences related thereto; and to compile data relating to such research for their promotion in the interests of the people;
(2) Formulate and implement a program of research which will seek to enhance the economic and industrial development of this state through the search for new or improved products, devices, and processes; through the development of new uses for Georgia's existing and potential resources; through the pursuit of scientific knowledge and learning and the dissemination thereof; through the search for new economic opportunities; and through technical assistance to the existing and future industrial community;
(3) Render assistance to national programs of science, technology, and preparedness; and
(4) Conduct such other research, experiments, and investigations bearing upon the industries, occupations, and public welfare of the people as may in each case be deemed advisable, practicable, and within the resources of the research institute.
Ga. L. 1919, p. 367, § 2; Code 1933, § 32-302, enacted by Ga. L. 1960, p. 1131, § 2; Ga. L. 1984, p. 1675, § 2; Ga. L. 1985, p. 149, § 20.