2018 Georgia Code
Title 49 - Social Services
Chapter 3 - County and District Departments, Boards, and Directors of Family and Children Services
§ 49-3-3.1. Annual report from county director of department of family and children services; personal appearance
(a) The county director of the department of family and children services of each county shall provide an annual report no later than December 31 of each year, beginning in the year 2000, to the county board, county commission, and the director of the Division of Family and Children Services. The county director of the department of family and children services of each county shall notify each member of the General Assembly whose legislative district includes any part of that county of the availability of the annual report but shall not be required to distribute copies of the annual report to the members. The report shall include the following information for the 12 month period ending June 30 of that year:
(1) The number of children for whom the county department has received a complaint of child abuse pursuant to Code Section 19-7-5;
(2) General demographic data such as gender, race, and age regarding children specified in paragraph (1) of this subsection;
(3) The number of children taken into county department custody;
(4) The number of placements of children in county department custody by the type of placement;
(5) The length of time in county department custody by the number of children; and
(6) Any other information required by the director of the Division of Family and Children Services.
(b) A majority of the legislative delegation whose members are required to receive notification pursuant to subsection (a) of this Code section shall be authorized to require the director of the department of family and children services of the county which provided that report to appear before that delegation and to answer questions regarding that report and other matters relating to issues of child abuse and child protective services.