2018 Georgia Code
Title 4 - Animals
Chapter 3 - Livestock Running at Large or Straying
§ 4-3-2. Definitions
- As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Livestock" means all animals of the equine, bovine, or swine class, including goats, sheep, mules, horses, hogs, cattle, and other grazing animals.
(2) "Owner" means any person, association, firm, or corporation, natural or artificial, owning, having custody of, or in charge of livestock.
(3) "Public roads" means any street, road, highway, or way, including the full width of the right of way, which is open to the use of the public for vehicular travel.
(4) "Running at large" or "straying" means any livestock which is not under manual control of a person and which is on any public roads of this state or on any property not belonging to the owner of the livestock, unless by permission of the owner of such property.