2018 Georgia Code
Title 4 - Animals
Chapter 13 - Humane Care for Equines
§ 4-13-2. Definitions
- As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Adequate food and water" means food and water which is sufficient in amount and appropriate for the particular type of equine to prevent starvation, dehydration, or a significant risk to the equine's health from a lack of food or water.
(2) "Equine" means any member of the Equidae species, including horses, mules, and asses.
(3) "Humane care" means, but is not limited to, the provision of adequate food and water consistent with the normal requirements and feeding habits of the equine's size, species, and breed.
(4) "Owner" means any person owning, having possession or custody of, or in charge of an equine.
(5) "Person" means any person, firm, corporation, partnership, association, or other legal entity; any public or private institution; the State of Georgia; or any county, municipal corporation, or political subdivision of the state.