2018 Georgia Code
Title 33 - Insurance
Chapter 16 - Farmers' Mutual Fire Insurance Companies
§ 33-16-3. Procedure for incorporation of companies generally; filing and contents of application for charter; granting of charter by Secretary of State
(a) Twenty or more persons a majority of whom are citizens of this state may become a body corporate for the purpose of transacting insurance upon the farmers' mutual fire insurance plan as defined in Code Section 33-16-2 by making an application for a charter signed by the persons applying for the charter or their counsel in triplicate specifying:
(1) The name of the proposed corporation. The name shall contain the words "Farmers' Mutual" and shall not be so similar to any name already used by any other corporation authorized to transact business in this state as to be confusing or misleading;
(2) The purpose for which the corporation is formed;
(3) The name of the county in this state in which the corporation will have its principal office and the names of any other counties in which it proposes to operate;
(4) The name and address of each incorporator;
(5) The names and addresses of those composing the board of directors of the corporation in which the management shall be vested until the first meeting of the members; and
(6) Any other provisions not inconsistent with this chapter or other applicable laws as are deemed desirable by the incorporators or as may be required by the Commissioner.
(b) The corporate charter shall be granted by the Secretary of State as provided in Chapter 14 of this title.