2018 Georgia Code
Title 19 - Domestic Relations
Chapter 9 - Child Custody Proceedings
Article 4 - Power of Attorney for the Care of a Child
§ 19-9-121. (Effective September 1, 2018) Definitions
- As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Child" means an unemancipated individual who is under 18 years of age.
(2) "Child-placing agency" means an agency licensed as such pursuant to Chapter 5 of Title 49.
(3) "Criminal background check" means the results of an unrestricted search of the criminal records maintained by the Georgia Crime Information Center and the Federal Bureau of Investigation pursuant to Code Section 35-3-34.
(4) "Department" means the Department of Human Services.
(5) "Nonprofit entity or faith based organization" means a business that provides child or family services and that is in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service, if applicable.
(6) "Parent" shall have the same meaning as provided in Code Section 19-3-37.