2018 Georgia Code
Title 19 - Domestic Relations
Chapter 13 - Family Violence
Article 1A - Family Violence Intervention
§ 19-13-10. Definitions
- As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Commission" means the State Commission on Family Violence.
(2) "Commissioner" means the commissioner of community supervision.
(3) "Department" means the Department of Community Supervision.
(4) "Family or household members" means past or present spouses, persons who are parents of the same child, or other persons living or formerly living in the same household.
(5) "Family violence" means the commission of the offenses of battery, simple battery, simple assault, assault, stalking, criminal damage to property, or criminal trespass between family or household members.
(6) "Family violence intervention program" or "program" means any program that is certified by the Department of Community Supervision pursuant to Code Section 19-13-14 and designed to rehabilitate family violence offenders. Such term shall include, but shall not be limited to, batterer intervention programs, anger management programs, anger counseling, family problem resolution, and violence therapy.