There is a newer version of this Section
2018 Georgia Code
Title 1 - General Provisions
Chapter 2 - Persons and Their Rights
§ 1-2-6. Rights of citizens generally
Universal Citation: GA Code § 1-2-6 (2018)
(a) The rights of citizens include, without limitation, the following:
(1) The right of personal security;
(2) The right of personal liberty;
(3) The right of private property and the disposition thereof;
(4) The right of the elective franchise;
(5) The right to hold office, unless disqualified by the Constitution and laws of this state;
(6) The right to appeal to the courts;
(7) The right to testify as a witness;
(8) The right to perform any civil function; and
(9) The right to keep and bear arms.
(b) All citizens are entitled to exercise all their rights as citizens, unless specially prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.