2017 Georgia Code
Title 49 - Social Services
Chapter 4B - Interstate Compact for Juveniles
§ 49-4B-3. Role of Governor in implementation of compact; promulgation of rules and regulations by board
- With respect to the Interstate Compact for Juveniles set out in Code Section 49-4B-2:
- (1) The Governor shall by executive order establish the initial composition, terms, and compensation of the Georgia State Council for Interstate Juvenile Supervision required by Article IX of that compact, with the Governor making the appointments to those positions; except that any appointment to a position representing the legislative branch shall be made jointly by the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President of the Senate and any appointment to a position representing the judicial branch shall be made by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court;
- (2) The Governor shall by executive order establish the qualifications, term, and compensation of the compact administrator required by Article III of that compact, with the state council making the appointment of the compact administrator;
- (3) The Governor shall by executive order provide for any other matters necessary for implementation of the compact at the time that it becomes effective; and
- (4) Except as otherwise provided for in this Code section, the board may promulgate rules or regulations necessary to implement and administer the compact, subject to the provisions of Chapter 13 of Title 50, the "Georgia Administrative Procedure Act."
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.