There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Georgia Code
Title 48 - Revenue and Taxation
Chapter 4 - Tax Sales
Article 6 - Land Banks
§ 48-4-102. Definitions
Universal Citation: GA Code § 48-4-102 (2017)
- As used in this article, the term:
- (1) "Board of directors" or "board" means the board of directors of a land bank.
- (2) "Consolidated government" means a unified government created pursuant to Article IX, Section III, Paragraph II of the Constitution of Georgia.
- (3) "Intergovernmental contract" means a contract as authorized pursuant to Article IX, Section III, Paragraph I of the Constitution of Georgia and paragraph (5) of Code Section 36-34-2, and entered into by counties, consolidated governments, and municipal corporations pursuant to this article.
- (4) "Land bank" means a public body corporate and politic established in accordance with the provisions of this article.
- (5) "Land bank member" means the local governments that are parties to the intergovernmental contract or resolution creating a land bank and the local governments that join a land bank subsequent to its creation pursuant to the provisions of this article.
- (6) "Real property" means all lands and the buildings thereon, all things permanently attached to land or to the buildings thereon, and any interest existing in, issuing out of, or dependent upon land or the buildings thereon.
- (7) "School district" means any school district, independent school system, or other local school system in this state.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.