2017 Georgia Code
Title 45 - Public Officers and Employees
Chapter 8 - Accounting for Public Funds
§ 45-8-19. Jurisdiction to cite defaulting officers, depositories, or sureties for accounting and to issue execution
- Jurisdiction to cite defaulting collecting officers, officers to hold public funds, depositories, or the sureties on their bonds for an accounting and to issue executions against them is conferred and vested as follows:
- (1) As to state officials and their sureties, assistants, and employees of any state office and their sureties, and depositories of the funds of the state or any of its bureaus, commissions, boards, or departments, and their sureties, in the Governor;
- (2) As to other collecting officers and officers to hold public funds, so far as relates to taxes, revenues, or funds of the state or any of its bureaus, commissions, boards, or departments, in the state revenue commissioner;
- (3) As to collecting officers and officers to hold public funds, so far as relates to revenues or funds of a municipality or county, or any board, bureau, or other tribunal or body exercising jurisdiction solely in such county, or of any school district, drainage district, or any other district in such county, and as to banks or depositories in which the revenues or other funds or any of these have been deposited, and as to the sureties on the bonds of any of said officers, banks, or depositories, in the county authority of said county or the governing body of the municipality;
- (4) In any case not covered by paragraph (1), (2), or (3) of this Code section, in the comptroller general.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.