2017 Georgia Code
Title 45 - Public Officers and Employees
Chapter 8 - Accounting for Public Funds
§ 45-8-11. Deposit of funds in banks or depositories -- Authority of officers holding public funds to determine amounts to be deposited; waiver of requirement for depository to give security
- (a) Every collecting officer and officer holding public funds shall be authorized to determine, from time to time, in respect to all public funds held by such officer, any and all of the following:
- (1) The maximum amount of public money which may be deposited in a particular depository;
- (2) The maximum and minimum proportion of public funds which may be maintained in a particular depository; and
- (3) The amount of public funds to be deposited in particular depositories as time deposits and the periods of such deposits.
- (b) All depositories shall give security for deposits of public funds. However, a collecting officer or officer holding public funds may, in his discretion, waive the requirement for security in the case of operating funds placed in demand deposit checking accounts.
- (c) This Code section shall not apply to collecting officers and officers holding public funds pursuant to Article 3 of Chapter 17 of Title 50, relating to state depositories.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.