2017 Georgia Code
Title 45 - Public Officers and Employees
Chapter 24 - Governmental Reorganization and Termination From Employment Reform
§ 45-24-5. Notice to commission prior to involuntary separation
- An employer contemplating the involuntary separation from state service of an officer or employee shall notify the chairperson of the commission at least 90 but not more than 120 days prior to the proposed date of the separation. Pending the completion of such procedures, the employee or officer proposed for termination shall be compensated from any funds appropriated or available to the employer which may be used for such purpose. The notice shall be in writing and shall include the following information:
- (1) The name and current annual compensation of the officer or employee proposed for involuntary separation;
- (2) The age, length of service, current job description, and summary of the work experience of the officer or employee proposed for involuntary separation;
- (3) The educational qualifications of the officer or employee proposed for involuntary separation; and
- (4) An explanation of the reasons for the proposed involuntary separation of the officer or employee.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.