2017 Georgia Code
Title 45 - Public Officers and Employees
Chapter 24 - Governmental Reorganization and Termination From Employment Reform
§ 45-24-2. Definitions
- As used in this chapter, the term:
- (1) "Commission" means the State Personnel Oversight Commission.
- (2) "Employer" means an employing unit within the government of the State of Georgia, including every department, commission, board, bureau, agency, branch of government, or any other employing unit by whatever name called, which has the authority and power to appoint, employ, release, separate, or fail to reappoint public officers or employees.
- (3) "Involuntary separation" means the release or separation from state service of an officer or employee who is entitled to coverage under the involuntary separation retirement benefits provisions of Code Section 47-2-123.
- (4) "State department" means a unit of state government which is a budget unit in the General Appropriations Act.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.