2017 Georgia Code
Title 45 - Public Officers and Employees
Chapter 17 - Notaries Public
Article 1 - General Provisions
§ 45-17-2. Qualifications of notaries
- (a) Any individual applying for appointment to be a notary public shall:
- (1) Be at least 18 years old;
- (2) Be a United States citizen or be a legal resident of the United States;
- (3) Be a legal resident of the county from which such individual is appointed;
- (4) Have, and provide at the time of the application, the applicant's operating telephone number; and
- (5) Be able to read and write the English language.
- (b) The qualification of paragraph (3) of subsection (a) of this Code section shall not apply to any nonresident individual applying for appointment as a notary public under the provisions of Code Section 45-17-7.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.