2017 Georgia Code
Title 45 - Public Officers and Employees
Chapter 17 - Notaries Public
Article 1 - General Provisions
§ 45-17-15. Revocation of commission; denial of reappointment
- (a) The appointing clerk of superior court may by letter, with a copy to the Georgia Superior Court Clerks' Cooperative Authority, revoke the commission or deny the reappointment of any notary public who:
- (1) Violates any provision of this chapter;
- (2) Performs any notarial act in violation of Code Section 45-17-8;
- (3) Is found to have submitted an application or endorsement for a notarial commission containing substantial and significant misstatement or omission of fact;
- (4) Ceases to reside or work or have a business in this state; or
- (5) Becomes incapable of reading and writing the English language.
- (b) Any notary public whose commission has been revoked shall upon demand be allowed a hearing and adjudication before the superior court clerk with a right of de novo appeal to the superior court, such appeal to be determined by the court without the intervention of a jury.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.