2017 Georgia Code
Title 45 - Public Officers and Employees
Chapter 12 - Governor
Article 5 - Gubernatorial Transition
§ 45-12-193. Services and facilities to be provided to Governor-elect; compensation of staff members; limitation on expenditure of funds; designation of assistant to make designation or findings of necessity
- (a) The Governor-elect is authorized, in connection with his preparations for the assumption of official duties as Governor, to use necessary services and facilities, including:
- (1) Suitable office space appropriately equipped with furniture, furnishings, office machines, equipment, and office supplies, as determined by the Governor-elect or his designee provided for in subsection (d) of this Code section, at such place or places within the state as the Governor-elect shall designate;
- (2) Payment of the compensation of members of office staffs designated by the Governor-elect at rates determined by him. Any employee of any agency of any branch of the state government may be detailed to such staffs on a reimbursable or nonreimbursable basis with the consent of the head of the agency; and while so detailed such employee shall be responsible only to the Governor-elect for the performance of his duties. Any employee so detailed shall continue to receive the compensation provided pursuant to law for his regular employment and shall retain the rights and privileges of such employment without interruption. Notwithstanding any other law, persons receiving compensation as members of office staffs under this paragraph, other than those detailed from agencies, shall be nonclassified personnel;
- (3) Payment of expenses for the procurement of services of experts or consultants or organizations thereof for the Governor-elect, at rates not to exceed $100.00 per diem for individuals;
- (4) Payment of travel expenses and subsistence allowances as may be appropriate, including rental by the state government of hired motor vehicles found necessary by the Governor-elect, as authorized for persons employed intermittently or for persons serving without compensation;
- (5) Communications services found necessary by the Governor-elect; and
- (6) Payment of expenses for necessary printing and binding.
- (b) The Governor-elect shall expend no funds for the provision of services and facilities under this article in connection with any obligations incurred by him until he is declared duly elected by the State Election Board.
- (c) Each Governor-elect shall be entitled to conveyance of all mail matter sent by him in connection with his preparations for the assumption of official duties as Governor.
- (d) Each Governor-elect may designate an assistant authorized to make on his behalf such designations or findings of necessity as may be required in connection with the services and facilities to be provided under this article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.