There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Georgia Code
Title 40 - Motor Vehicles and Traffic
Chapter 7 - Off-Road Vehicles
§ 40-7-4. Operating restrictions; "perennial stream" defined
Universal Citation: GA Code § 40-7-4 (2017)
- Any person operating an off-road vehicle under any of the following conditions shall be deemed to be in violation of this chapter and subject to the penalties provided in Code Section 40-7-6:
- (1) Without operative brakes or without mufflers or other silencing equipment;
- (2) On any private property without the express written permission of the owner of the property or his or her agent; or
- (3) Within any perennial stream, except when directly crossing such stream. As used in this paragraph, the term "perennial stream" means a stream:
- (A) That under normal circumstances has water flowing year round;
- (B) That has the channel located below the ground-water table most of the year;
- (C) For which ground water is the primary source of water; and
- (D) For which runoff from rainfall is a supplemental source of water flow.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.