2017 Georgia Code
Title 40 - Motor Vehicles and Traffic
Chapter 6 - Uniform Rules of the Road
Article 13 - Special Provisions for Certain Vehicles
Part 3 - Personal Transportation Vehicles
§ 40-6-330.1. Required equipment for personal transportation vehicles; grandfather clause
- (a) All personal transportation vehicles shall be equipped with:
- (1) A braking system sufficient for the weight and passenger capacity of the vehicle, including a parking brake;
- (2) A reverse warning device functional at all times when the directional control is in the reverse position;
- (3) A main power switch. When the switch is in the "off" position, or the key or other device that activates the switch is removed, the motive power circuit shall be inoperative. If the switch uses a key, it shall be removable only in the "off" position;
- (4) Head lamps;
- (5) Reflex reflectors;
- (6) Tail lamps;
- (7) A horn;
- (8) A rearview mirror;
- (9) Safety warning labels; and
- (10) Hip restraints and hand holds or a combination thereof.
- (b) The requirements of subsection (a) of this Code section shall not apply to any personal transportation vehicles operated during daylight hours authorized by local ordinances enacted prior to January 1, 2012.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.