2017 Georgia Code
Title 4 - Animals
Chapter 3 - Livestock Running at Large or Straying
§ 4-3-10. Fees for impounding, serving notice, care and feeding, advertising, and disposing of impounded animals
- The fees allowed for impounding, serving notice, care and feeding, advertising, and disposing of impounded animals shall be as follows:
- (1) For impounding each animal, the sum of $10.00 and mileage as provided by law for the arrest and commitment of prisoners;
- (2) For serving any notice and making return thereon, the sum of $7.50 and mileage provided by law for executing writs in actions at law and making return upon the same;
- (3) For feed and care of impounded animals, the sum of $5.00 per day per animal;
- (4) For advertising or posting notices of sale of impounded animals, the same as provided by law for advertising property for sale under process;
- (5) For sale or other disposition of impounded animals, the sum of $5.00; and
- (6) For report of sale of impounded animals, the sum of $2.50.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.