There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Georgia Code
Title 35 - Law Enforcement Officers and Agencies
Chapter 3 - Georgia Bureau of Investigation
Article 2 - Georgia Crime Information Center
§ 35-3-32. Establishment of council; composition; duties and responsibilities of council generally
Universal Citation: GA Code § 35-3-32 (2017)
- (a) There is created the Georgia Crime Information Center Council.
- (b) The duties and responsibilities of the council are to:
- (1) Advise and assist in the establishment of policies under which the center is to be operated;
- (2) Ensure that the information obtained pursuant to this article shall be restricted to the items specified in this article and ensure that the center is administered so as not to accumulate any information or distribute any information that is not specifically approved in this article;
- (3) Ensure that adequate security safeguards are incorporated so that the data available through this system is used only by properly authorized persons and agencies;
- (4) Establish appropriate disciplinary measures to be taken by the center in the instance of violations of data reporting or dissemination of laws, rules, and regulations by criminal justice agencies or members thereof covered by this article; and
- (5) Establish other policies which provide for the efficient and effective use and operation of the center under the limitations imposed by the terms of this article.
- (c) The members of the board shall serve ex officio as members of the council and shall constitute the council.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.