2017 Georgia Code
Title 31 - Health
Chapter 10 - Vital Records
§ 31-10-10. Registration of live born infants of unknown parentage
- (a) Whoever assumes the custody of a live born infant of unknown parentage shall report on a form and in a manner prescribed by the state registrar within ten days to the State Office of Vital Records the following information:
- (1) The date and place of finding;
- (2) Sex, color or race, and approximate birth date or age of child;
- (3) Name and address of the person or institution with whom the child has been placed for care;
- (4) Name given to the child by the custodian of the child; and
- (5) Other data required by the state registrar.
- (b) The place where the child was found shall be entered as the place of birth.
- (c) A report registered under this Code section shall constitute the certificate of birth for the child.
- (d) If the child is subsequently identified and a certificate of birth is found or obtained, the report registered under this Code section shall be placed in a special file and shall not be subject to inspection except upon order of a court of competent jurisdiction or as provided by regulation.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.