2017 Georgia Code
Title 3 - Alcoholic Beverages
Chapter 4 - Distilled Spirits
Article 6 - Designation of Sales Territories and Wholesalers for Out-of-State Brands
§ 3-4-152. Submission of labels; designation of sales territories and exclusive wholesale distributors; approval by commissioner
- (a) Every manufacturer or shipper shipping distilled spirits for the first time into the state shall:
- (1) Submit to the commissioner one label for each brand of distilled spirits to be shipped for the first time by the manufacturer or shipper into this state;
- (2) Designate in the application for registration the sales territories for each of its brands sold in this state; and
- (3) Name one licensed wholesaler in each territory who shall be the exclusive distributor of the brand within the territory.
- (b) Designations of wholesalers and wholesalers' territories as provided in this Code section shall be initially approved by the commissioner and shall not be changed or initially disapproved except for cause. The commissioner shall determine cause after a hearing under regulations promulgated by the commissioner for such purposes.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.