2017 Georgia Code
Title 29 - Guardian and Ward
Chapter 7 - Veterans Affairs Guardians
§ 29-7-7. Petitioning for appointment of VA guardian; requirements of petitions; preferences for appointment
- (a) A petition for the appointment of a VA guardian may be filed in the court having jurisdiction by or on behalf of the department or any person designated by the secretary or the secretary's representative.
- (b) The petition shall set forth:
- (1) The name, age, and place of residence of the ward;
- (2) The names and places of residence of the nearest two adult relatives, if known;
- (3) The fact that the ward is entitled to receive moneys payable by or through the department;
- (4) The amount of money then due and the amount of probable future payments;
- (5) The name and address of the person or institution, if any, having actual custody of the ward;
- (6) In the case of a mentally incompetent ward, that the ward has been rated incompetent on examination by the department in accordance with the laws and regulations governing the department; and
- (7) The name and address of the person or institution sought to be appointed as VA guardian of the ward and the relationship, if any, of the proposed VA guardian to the ward.
- (c) Preferences for appointment of a VA guardian shall be as provided in Code Section 29-5-3.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.