2017 Georgia Code
Title 29 - Guardian and Ward
Chapter 7 - Veterans Affairs Guardians
§ 29-7-1. Definitions
- As used in this chapter, the term:
- (1) "Benefits" means all moneys paid or payable by the United States through the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
- (2) "Department" means the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, its predecessors, or its successors.
- (3) "Estate" means income on hand and assets acquired partially or wholly with income.
- (4) "Income" means moneys received from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs and revenue or profit from any property wholly or partially acquired therewith.
- (5) "Person" means an individual, a partnership, a corporation, or an association.
- (6) "Secretary" means the secretary of veterans affairs of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs or the secretary's successor.
- (7) "VA guardian" means a person appointed pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
- (8) "Ward" means a beneficiary of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.