2017 Georgia Code
Title 20 - Education
Chapter 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education
Article 17 - Teachers and Other School Personnel
Part 10 - Professional Standards
§ 20-2-982. Purpose
- The following constitute the major purposes of this part:
- (1) To simplify and make more efficient the process of certifying educational personnel in Georgia;
- (2) To attract the highest possible number of qualified personnel to become educators in Georgia;
- (3) To promote the hiring of qualified educators from other states to work in Georgia schools;
- (4) To improve the level of preparation of educators, both pre-service and in-service, by requiring for purposes of certification those essential skills and that knowledge needed to deliver effective education;
- (5) To adopt standards of professional performance and a code of professional ethics for educators, both of which shall represent standards of performance and conduct which are generally accepted by educators of this state;
- (6) To investigate reports of specified criminal conduct, violations of professional or ethical codes of conduct, and violations of certain rules, regulations, and policies by school system educators;
- (7) To enforce the requirement that local school systems promptly report specified criminal conduct of school system educators to the commission; and
- (8) To impose disciplinary action or a denial of a certificate against an educator.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.