2017 Georgia Code
Title 20 - Education
Chapter 2 - Elementary and Secondary Education
Article 17 - Teachers and Other School Personnel
Part 10 - Professional Standards
§ 20-2-982.1. Definitions
- As used in this part, the term:
- (1) "Commission" means the Professional Standards Commission.
- (2) "Educator" means teachers and school or school system administrators and other education personnel of this state who hold certificates, permits, or other certification documents, including clearance certificates, issued by the Professional Standards Commission and persons who have applied for but have not yet received or have been denied such certificates, permits, or other certification documents from the Professional Standards Commission.
- (3) "Expungement" means the records are destroyed pursuant to subsection (e) of Code Section 20-2-984.5 in accordance with an established records retention schedule.
- (4) "Local board" means the board of education of any local school system.
- (5) "Local school system" means any county school system or any independent school system of a municipality.
- (6) "Local superintendent" means the school superintendent of any local school system.
- (7) "State board" means the State Board of Education.
- (8) "State superintendent" means the State School Superintendent.
- (9) "Teaching" means any professional service rendered or performed by an educator.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.