2017 Georgia Code
Title 14 - Corporations, Partnerships, and Associations
Chapter 9 - Revised Uniform Limited Partnership Act
Article 9 - Foreign Limited Partnerships
§ 14-9-907. Transaction of business without registering
- (a) A foreign limited partnership transacting business in this state may not maintain an action, suit, or proceeding in a court of this state until it has obtained a certificate of authority.
- (b) The failure of a foreign limited partnership to obtain a certificate of authority does not impair the validity of any contract or act of the foreign limited partnership or prevent the foreign limited partnership from defending any action, suit, or proceeding in any court of this state.
- (c) A foreign limited partnership that transacts business in this state without registering as required by this article shall be liable to the state:
- (1) For all fees which would have been imposed by this article upon such foreign limited partnership had it registered as required by this article; and
- (2) If it has not registered within 30 days after the first day on which it transacts business in this state, for a penalty of $500.00.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.